Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Intro to The Lonesome Crowded West week

I'd like to start out The Lonesome Crowded West week with some choice quotes from when I googled "why I love Modest Mouse" for research on my essay:

...the songs had the pain of life stitched onto the great sounds and lyrics...”

“I believe it was playing while I was shopping at American Eagle 3 years ago.”

“Some ex. of that time I listened to Tom Petty, mighty Mighty Bosstones, but not much more than the songs I heard on Guitar hero.”

“After that anything I played by MM was just sex.”

And the BEST:
“My 13 year old self liked pop music, so I couldn't appreciate the genius of Brock's tortured lyrics and originality...I just really felt like I could relate to the song...Their music just makes me so happy, and I can really identify with the originality of the music and lyrics because I am also one very strange girl.”

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD. Those quotes are amazing. In a 'This is what the apocalypse actually looks like' sort of way.

    ReplyDelete